Orca3D is Marine Design plug-in for Rhinoceros.
It is developed for Naval Architects and supports design creativity without compromising the core aspects of good marine design. It streamlines the design process with intuitive marine design tools that run within the Rhino 3D environment. Conceptualise, model, and analyse, all without transferring files or learning a new program. Create and fair your hull, deck, and superstructure surfaces, analyse hydrostatics and stability, predict speed vs. horsepower, and track the weight, center of gravity, and cost of your design, all within the comfort of the Rhino environment. By itself, Rhino is an extremely powerful design tool; when you add Orca3D’s marine-specific tools, it becomes the most versatile and cost-effective marine design program available.
- Hull Design & Fairing: With Orca3D, you have complete freedom to create any type of hull, beginning with a concept and carrying through to final fairing, while ensuring that the hull meets your target hydrostatic properties. This feature comes with Orca3D Level 1 and Orca3D Level 2.
- Hydrostatics & Intact Stability: Orca3D computes intact hydrostatics at one or more waterlines, or multiple displacement/center of gravity combinations. In addition, at each of these conditions, the righting arm curve may be computed. Because Orca3D computes the hydrostatic properties based on the surface model, using first principles, there is really no limit to the type of vessel or object that it can analyze. Monohulls, multihulls, vessels with propeller or bow thruster tunnels and just about anything that floats can be analyzed with Orca3D. This feature comes with Orca3D Level 1 and Orca3D Level 2.
- Speed/Power Prediction: Orca3D Parametric Speed/Power Analysis module has two different prediction methods: the Savitsky method to predict the speed/power curve for chine hulls, and the Holtrop method to predict the speed/power for displacement hulls. This feature comes with Orca3D Level 2
- Weight & Cost Tracking: The success of any marine design hinges on its weight and center of gravity (CG). These parameters are fundamental to stability, speed, payload capacity, seakeeping performance, etc. Cost is another critical factor in the success of a design, and good engineering practice calls for cost considerations to be closely tied to the design process. This feature comes with Orca3D Level 2.
- Flexible Licensing: Available as Standalone Licenses for activation on specific computers or. optionally, as Network License shared on the local network.
- Affordable and Accessible: Orca3D plus Rhino makes a very affordable 2D/3D marine design package solution. Orca3D and Rhino are purchased as simple perpetual licenses with no yearly payments imposed as subscription fees or as maintenance fees.
Standalone License for Orca3D Level 1 is USD 1390.00 and Standalone License for Orca3D Level 2 is USD 2780.00.
Network License for Orca3D Level 1 is USD 1735.00 and Network License for Orca3D Level 2 is USD 3470.00.
Ask for our bundled offer of Orca3D Level 1 (full commercial - not upgrade) with a FREE CadMouse Wireless
Enquiries for other Orca3D products with a different bundled 3Dconnexion product are welcomed